Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
LG 42LG5010 Strange Verticle Lines    

richy1980

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: LG 42LG5010 Strange Verticle Lines Reply with quote

Hi all, I would sincerely be grateful for any help regarding my problem with my 42LG5010.

When I first switch the TV on, the left half of the screen has colored vertical lines. They change colors and size but always fill the entire left half. After half an hour or so they start to flicker and eventually disappear. Sometimes a small bang with my hand on the back of the TV gets rid of them but this is probably causing more damage as over time the problem is getting worse and taking longer for them to disappear. I have taken a few pictures and posted them here below

I would very much appreciate your help. I was lucky to have this TV and simply wont be in a position to replace it for a long while to come.

Richard

Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

CelicaSupra

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well to my mind that looks like another potential T-con (Timing control) board fault, possibly a cracked solder joint actually closing up not opening as the set warms. Unfortunately all the T-con boards I've seen use surface mount componentry so cracked joints arent generally repairable. You should be able to find a replacement T-con on either shopjimmy in the US or from reputable ebay based electronic salvage companies in the UK for a reasonable price.
That said, before spending any money replacing the T-con it would be worth breaking & remaking the connections of the ribbon cables leading from the mainboard to the T-con (at both ends) & from T-con to panel (just at board end) as these sometimes can fix the problem...

The other thing that would cause similar problems is bad panel bonding (generally unrepairable, although I've bodged them for my personal laptop etc). this can usually be diagnosed by spraying plumber's freeze spray round the edges of the panel while the fault is occuring. However my money would still be on the T-con or its cables as the look of the vertical bands is not consistent with my experience of bonding failure, and generally it gets worse as the panel warms hence the freeze spray trick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com