Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
LG 42LN40 Dead no lights no standby    

ntehicks

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: LG 42LN40 Dead no lights no standby Reply with quote

I have an LG 42" lcd tv that I am trying to restore back to working order. I have taken the back off and have tested the main fuse f100 it tested good. I then tested Fuse f501 and that one was blown. there is a bank of Mosfet FDPF5N50FT 4 of them to be exact. What is the best method for Testing Mosfet's ?
The TV has no lights or any sign of life. the main power switch is in the on position. thanks for any help.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

ntehicks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Ordered new power board Reply with quote

I have ordered a new power board for this. I will keep you posted.
ntehicks

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: LG 42LN40 Dead no lights no standby Reply with quote

I gave up on doing a board level repair. could not track down the part or parts that are shorting out the 5 volt line. I put in the new power supply board and the tv fired right up. I have tested it for a week and then returned it to my friend. power supply did the job.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com