Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
LG 42LY95 - no picture on HDMI/AV/Component, still has sound    

kasiapaw

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:28 am    Post subject: LG 42LY95 - no picture on HDMI/AV/Component, still has sound Reply with quote

I got an old LG TV from my sister, but it's got some issues that I'm hoping to get fixed.

Very often when I try to use play station (3 & 4), after a couple of minutes the picture starts flickering with horizontal and vertical lines, then the screen turns black. The sound is fine though.

I tried connecting the playstation via both HDMI inputs, AV, also bought a HDMI to component converter and the problem still exists.

When I turn the TV off and back on, the input message appears in the top right corner, goes on to show the welcome screen of play station then starts flickering and goes to black. When it's black and I try to change input on screen, no box with options appears.

I should also say the digital freeview channels work absolutely fine, the problem only appears whenever I try to have some external device plugged in. Another thing is that the TV 50% of the time works fine with play stations, I can watch Netflix or play games for hours without the screen going funny. It seems to me that the TV has problems processing the inputs sometimes.

I realise the TV is old and it's not worth getting someone to come and repair it, but unfortunately I can't afford to buy a new one.

Could anyone identify what part inside may be broken? The parts for this model seem quite cheap, I'd be willing to invest a bit of money and replace them myself if there's any point.

Thanks a lot for any tips!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com