Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
LG 47LB650V - Black with intermittent flashes of picture    

sfjnet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:00 am    Post subject: LG 47LB650V - Black with intermittent flashes of picture Reply with quote

My 3-4 year old LG HD Smart TV (not 100% of model number and can't check because I'm not at home but it is at least similar to the LG 47LB650V) has suddenly developed a picture problem. When turned on the screen is black with intermittent 1 second flashes of the picture every 2-3 seconds. If it helps, it looks like the flashes alternate in brightness - the first flash shows a bright picture, then the second is dimmer, then brighter again, etc. The sound stays constant even when the picture cannot be seen. I have tried the simple checks and determined it is not a power issue (the power light stays on and the sound is continuous), and it isn't an issue with my Sky box (the problem persists no matter what input is selected, and the box works fine on another TV). I've checked various forums and most people having an on-off flashing problem seem to put it down to power supply. Seems serious to me but before I seek out a repair I'm wondering if anyone can suggest what the issue might be?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would probably be best to wait until you can verify the model number. Otherwise we're all just guessing at what components you have.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com