Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
LG 47LM4700 - Sound but no picture    

magilla6002

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject: LG 47LM4700 - Sound but no picture Reply with quote

Hey, I have a 47" LG. Model 47LM4700. Recently the screen went black and nothing is showing up. The LEDs are all working properly. I got out the trusty meter and checked all the leads on the PSB. On the secondary side of the PSB @ connector P201 everything read normal except for the pin that is labeled as PWR-ON 24V. This pin read at 3.5V. I'm guessing that this is going to be my problem. I just want to verify before I order the new board. I've been an HVAC tech for 8 years so I'm good with low voltage and troubleshooting, but this is my first TV repair. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are two pins. P201 is a connector with two rows of pins. The top view of board shows a grid/list of pin functions. The left row lists the pins you can see directly, the right row lists the pins that are hidden by jack's plastic.
Just like Here

PWR-ON should go from 3.5 volts to approx. 0 volts with EACH press of the Power button.

Read this carefully: You have opened the LCD panel and observed directly that each and every LED back light bulb is lighting (and is STAYING lit)?
magilla6002

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I have not fully disassembled and checked the LED boards behind the panel. I turned all of the lights out and can see the lights through the back of the panel with the back panel removed.

I tried shining a flashlight to check for a picture but couldn't see one.

Should I remove the LCD and check the LEDs?

Any tips for removing and handling the LCD to keep from damaging it?

Thanks again!
JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd check Tcon board for blown fuse F1 and b-plus first. SJ shows three tcon boards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com