Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
LG 50pn4500-UA - Green line    

Jmac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject: LG 50pn4500-UA - Green line Reply with quote

Evening,

I have a LG plasma (50pn4500-UA), the current issue is that there is a solid green vertical line on the right side of the TV(when facing the TV) it is present on all inputs and the line covers everything. There are also some green dots around the line. I have opened up the back and played around with it a bit. I was taking out all ribbon cables and lightly dusting them off with a fine soft brush and then the pronged slot they go into simply hoping it was a bad connection. I will also note that when the TV is on and the ribbon cable heading from the... What I will call the mother board, but the board that has a ribbon between it and the larger adjacent board that has all the input adaptors (HDMI and such), and then the mother board has 3 other ribbons that head to 3 different boards that I assume controls pixals on the screen... When the tv's power is on and I disconnect the ribbon cord to the bottom board on the side of the screen where the line and dots are, half the screen just goes black and line is gone. So I am assuming its that board and it might need to be replaced. So am I most likely right to assume I should be replacing that board? And if so, where is the best place to be ordering this.

Thanks for any help
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com