Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
LG 50PY2R 50" PLASMA ZSUS FAULT?    

steve_b21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: LG 50PY2R 50" PLASMA ZSUS FAULT? Reply with quote

I have a LG 50PY2R Plasma which is nearly 4 years old.

Few days ago, it made a big bang and the picture went all distorted.

Power still comes on and the sound works fine.

I have opened the TV and got a electrician to test, and he tells me that the ZSUS board is at fault. Part : 6871QZH044A

Here is a picture of the TV on...

Vertical Lines and Flashing colors everywhere, is this confirmed as the ZSUS ?

Thanks
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A person that does house wiring checked your set??? Laughing

Seriously,

Your problem more closely resembles a controller board failure. However, this type of symptom can be caused by:
Panel
Controller
Y-sus
Z-sus
Main digital board.

Fun isn't it?

There are multiple fuses on both the Y-sus and Z-sus boards and you need to make sure that all of them are ok.

Also, If the set went ""bang"" I would suggest that you do a close inspection for blown/vented/expanded electrolytics and/or damaged IC's on all boards. By damaged IC's I mean that you will find a piece of the IC blown away or a pinhole on the IC.

Use a Loup or magnifying glass for the inspection.

Hope this helps.

Jesse
steve_b21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, just to clarify it was a TV repiar guy who had a look at the tv for a fauly.

He used a voltage test meter , and states that the zsus board is at fault, 99%. He however did not test any other boards for faults etc.

I have had a look at the TV and all fuses seem fine, also cannot see any burn marks.

I was wondering what the next step is, should i remove the zsus board and see if there are any burn marks underneath?

thanks
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no components on the bottom side of the Z-sus board. When I was talking about the bang and checking the IC's I did not mean to indicate that there would be any burn marks. It is seldom that a IC creates actual burn marks. and Yes, a Z-sus can create this symptom as can the other boards mentioned.

Jesse
steve_b21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update :

I found a local TV repair shop which i sourced part from :

Swapped out the Z SUS Board - Still same issue

Swapped out Y SUS Board - I get no Picture at all (maybe the swapped out part if faulty?)

Next step...could it possibly the CONTROL Board that is fault?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes it is more cost effective on these sets to take them to qualified servicers as the boards can be expensive. That way you pay only for the defective board instead of pulling out the shotgun.

Quote:
Swapped out Y SUS Board - I get no Picture at all (maybe the swapped out part if faulty?)

Ya think??? Or maybe the upper or lower buffers are bad.

Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com