Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
LG 55LH40 has Sound but No Picture    

kg5ie51

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: LG 55LH40 has Sound but No Picture Reply with quote

I have an LG 55LH40 that has died. The unit has sound but no picture. I removed the back and found that 2 of the 14 wires that connect the VIT71881.00 Master 1 and the VIT71881.01 Master 2 inverter boards were blackened and burned. The connectors themselves are also slightly melted.

I assume one or both of these boards must be bad though I have no way to test them. I looked for parts and found that I can buy the Master 1 or Master 2 boards separately, or I can buy a kit that includes the Master 1, Master 2, Slave 1, and Slave 2 boards.

Master boards are about $35 each. The kit of all 4 boards is $180.

My question is whether or not I should chance buying just the masters or should I assume that more than likely the issue took out the slaves too?

Thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by kg5ie51 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kg5ie51 wrote:
The unit has picture but no sound.

Inverter boards would be involved ONLY IF you have this backwards.
kg5ie51

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
kg5ie51 wrote:
The unit has picture but no sound.

Inverter boards would be involved ONLY IF you have this backwards.

Whoops! You are correct. Got it correct in title and backwards in posting. Have sound but no picture.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com