Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
LG Electronics 47LN5700 - No video, Sound Ok    

SammySan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject: LG Electronics 47LN5700 - No video, Sound Ok Reply with quote

the make and model of equipment:
I have a LG Electronics 47LN5700 47-Inch 1080p 120Hz LED-LCD HDTV with Smart TV (2013 Model)

describe the symptoms:
black screen - no picture

describe any other information that may help someone help you.
I can see TV menus using a flashlight pointed at screen; Sound working fine too. But no picture though.

I opened up the TV and here are 3 boards on it:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7zzEtRgwJ9yb3dTQTN1YjM4OFk

If you need to see a more focused closer picture for diagnosis, please let me know and I will upload it here.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And your customer back light controls are still at maximum??, as they have been since day one, when set was new??

Try unplugging PS to Main board cable and see if panel comes on. Otherwise you'll need to observe if ALL LEDs are attempting to come on. They are in series and if even one is defective it will prevent rest from lighting.
SammySan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's my own TV and not a customer.

Lookin at the pictures does any of those bords look bad and need replacement ?

Or problem is somewhere else

What should I do at this point for diagnosis ?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammySan wrote:
I can see TV menus using a flashlight pointed at screen

Can you find any backlight controls among them? and if so, what do they label control(s)? and where are each set?

Boards pass. The limits of your picture resolution 'look' test anyway. The fact that we have no x-ray vision to tell if fuses are blown, nor the condition of any part that doesn't obviously 'look' bad not-with-standing.

Some more on similar: http://www.tv-forums.com/cgi-bin/gforum.cgi?do=search_results&search_forum=all&search_string=LN5700&search_type=AND&search_fields=sb&search_time=&search_user_username=&mh=50
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com