Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
LG RT52SZ31RB Blue Fog    

oneminuteofclarity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: LG RT52SZ31RB Blue Fog Reply with quote

I have a 52" LG LCD-Projection, Model number RT52SZ31RB. We've had it for a while and in the last several months we've had a blue fog appear on the screen. It was pretty small at first but keeps growing as times goes on and now it covers almost the entire screen.

I haven't done much to find out what's wrong with it because I don't know anything about how a TV works inside but I have noticed that the intensity of the fog changes as you change the input and if you change the individual color levels you can make it less apparent but it's gotten so that the best it will get is very irritating to try to watch TV through.

I've haven't found anything else about how to fix it online so I'm hoping that someone has some pointers. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

classymousetech

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Light Engine Reply with quote

I know that this post is very old, but I'm answering for any future visitors who also have this problem.
Short answer: You need a new light engine.
Long answer: This TV is an LCD projector; that means that the white lamp is cast through 3 separate colored translucent sheets of plastic; a red, blue, and green, that each go different directions (via mirrors), and each shine through an LCD screen. Each LCD screen it typically solid black, and only lets light through where the color it represents should be. Unfortunately, the normal state of an LCD is clear, and they turn black when activated. When an LCD screen wears out, it does not 'light up' with black pixels as efficiently. As the black becomes grey, you get blue in places there shouldn't be. Eventually, the entire screen will be solid blue over the top of the other two colors all the time.
The LCD screens are permanently installed into the light path, with contains several mirrors and sometimes a lens. The only way to get the LCD screens is to order the entire light engine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com