Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
LN-R267W 26" samsung HDMI port came loose    

Billy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: LN-R267W 26" samsung HDMI port came loose Reply with quote

Tv: Samsung 26" LCD
Model: LN-R267W

Hello everyone,
Basically my HDMI port has come loose off the circuit board and it came off completely. It still works if I hold it down and connect a hdmi cable to it. My question is what is the best way to reattach it to my board? I ask because I have never done technician work before in my life. Here are some pictures below. The 2nd photo is what it should be. The third photo is the hdmi port coming off and the rest are me hold the hdmi port in my hands lol.

Thank you.

Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your pictures are kinda blurry, so I can't be certain. But I think you need to find someone with a hot air solder machine. It looks like a surface mount connector, so you can't just use a normal radio shack soldering iron. Probably an electronics shop job. Call around and explain what you need and see if they can do it on the cheap since you already have everything apart for them.
Billy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah thank you, My dad has one. We need to use it together and the tin foil or w/e its called.

Thanks.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're setup is prone to yank on the cord again, I would get a hot-glue gun and blob it all around that connector... after you resolder it of course.
Billy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya my dad and I came to the conclusion we are going to super glue that back on with super super glue or something. Good suggestion, thanks. I will probably take non blurry photos or something and post it here when I get around to doing it. The Iphone 3g takes terrible photos. :X
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com