Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Local Parts Store in Santa Ana, CA    

Dark Angel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Local Parts Store in Santa Ana, CA Reply with quote

First off sorry if this is the wrong place for this post.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone knew of a local place where I could pick up the sound board for my TV.

KV-27TS35

The part I'm looking for is the SBX1637-11.

Thanks for the all the help you can give me.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just replace it with the two capacitors, and forget about it. unless you need SAP for some reason.
Dark Angel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

I ordered the part online from a place, for $16, so I will let you know how it goes for those people who are interested.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I would be interested as the normal price for this board is $76.00

Jesse
Dark Angel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well so far this place has recieved my money, but I have not gotten word on when they will be shipping it. So, so far it's not looking good.

I have tried calling their local toll free number which is no longer in service and the other one is busy. I will be emailing them soon about my order and will continue trying their other number.

Here is the place if you want to check it out: http://www_.electronicsic._com

@Jesse

You can check out the above link if you want to or you could also try this one I found just a few min ago doing a simple search: http://www.studiosoundelectronics.com/compnet.htm

I don't know if they have the part in stock or not, but it cost a little more then what I paid, but at the same time it is still way cheaper then close to $80 for it at other places.

With the second link above, it looks like it'll run $25 to $30 and I believe that will include their standard shipping rate.

Please let me know what you find out from them Jesse

P.S. Jesse, Scroll down all the way to the bottom of the page and you'll see the part.

Thanks Jeremy

[EDIT] Well just an update about the first link that I posted from, I just talked to some asain woman on the phone about my order and to say the least I'm pretty upset to put it a nice way, so please anyone from here spread the word DO NOT BUY from this place!!! If this place is legit, it sure doesn't sound like it from what I could here going on in the back ground.

[SECOND EDIT] Well with me being highly displeased with this company and trying to talk to them about my item and when they will be shipping it out to me, I felt like I was getting the run around from them. I told the woman who I spoke with that I would be calling the BBB and PayPal about them. Her response to me about the BBB was she said that she didn't know who the BBB was. So with that I just got off the phone with PayPal on filling a Dispute about them. Now I will be calling the BBB and reporting to them as well about how I was treated and how unhappy I am with the whole experience.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isnt it wonderfull, about the scam artist's I mean.

Here are some reputable parts suppliers.

The part number you are looking for is 8-746-371-20 (Sony Part Number).

You can find the part here: http://www.andrewselectronics.com
or here: http://www.encompassparts.com/
or here: http://www.mcmelectronics.com/

use the dashes on the first two and without the dashes on the last one. Also the last one does not have it in stock at this time.

Hope this helps

Jesse
Dark Angel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here is an update.

After filing the dispute with Pay-Pal I was given a full refund.

Again do not buy from them. Just pay a bit more from someplace else and know that you are actually going to get what you ordered.

One last question for anyone, about the Tuner on my TV what would be the best way to go about re-soldering it?

Can it be done without discharging the tube? or Should the tube be discharged first?

Thanks Guy's :)
JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not absolutely necessary to discharge tube, but if you want to, go ahead.

If you have a fine point soldering iron, good magnifiers and a lot of patience ... I personally find removing the tuner from the main board and resoldering it on an old mouse pad (so it doesn't slide around as much) works well. Be careful not to bridge adjacent traces or dismount any parts (surface mount or through-hole). Do one side of a part at a time and let solder solidify before doing other side.
Dark Angel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry wasn't clear on my last question about the Tuner, I want to Re-solder the bottom pads as I think that is my problem as when I move the tuner to get the reception back then it is fine and can last for quite awhile after that.

So would discharging the tube be needed?

Again Thanks!!
JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally wouldn't discharge, but then I've been in this business for many decades. The discharge procedure is on this forum's home page.

The antenna connector gets the most abuse. Antenna jacks can become "loose" before "falling off" and the inside "spring" can get spread too far and have poor contact.
Examine the tuner to Main board joints with a magnifier. Unless you see a fairly obvious "ring" or break in the foil (especially the corner "grounds"/mounts, the bad joint(s) are likely to be inside the tuner.
Take both covers off the tuner. From the "part" side you'll see a series of frames that divide the tuner into sections. At various points these frames will protrude through the tuner's circuit board and be soldered. These frames also double as "wires" to connect various points to "ground." Also solder the outer perimeter. These are more likely what you're "moving."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com