Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Magnavox 37MF321D/37 repair    

mg154

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Magnavox 37MF321D/37 repair Reply with quote

I am trying to repair my Magnavox 37MF321D/37 tv. When you hit the power button on it the backlight comes on for a few seconds before then going out. I have read online that others have had issues with television and the capacitors going out. I took it apart, and sure enough it looked like two of the capacitors on the board were bulging and had gone out. I took it to a tv repair shop and had new ones installed. Put everything back together just the way it was. Unfortunately with the same results, you hit the power button the backlight comes on for a few seconds and then goes out. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what might be causing this? Is it possible that more of the capacitors are bad and need to be replaced even tho visually they don't seem to be bulging or blown? Or should i be looking elsewhere to what might be causing this issue? Thanks in advance for any help.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Or perhaps a bad inverter transformer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com