Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Magnavox MWC24T5-A: Exit Service Mode?    

techineer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Magnavox MWC24T5-A: Exit Service Mode? Reply with quote

I have a MWC24T5-A (CRT w/DVD & VHS) that we use mostly with a game machine. Somehow the kids got it into what appears to be Service Mode..... None of the buttons have any effect on the panel or the remote except for the DVD eject button.

When I pressed the input select button, it switched from video in to DVD mode and won't switch back. It displays a single digit number at each corner of the screen and a code in the midddle.

I found a service manual for the B version that describes this screen. That manual says to press the channel Up/Down buttons (Simultaneously?) to exit the service mode, but that doesn't work for this one. I've tried what I think is every possible combination of two buttons without success.

The -B model service manual describes modifying Part No.
NE204UD or NE209UD for manipulating Service Mode. The remote control for this one is Part # N9278UD. Not sure I want to try the mod on this one.

Does anyone have a -A service manual?

Can anyone tell me how to return this thing to normal operation?

BTW, I am an electronics tech, just not in the modern TV repair field.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

History: http://www.tv-forums.com/cgi-bin/gforum.cgi?post=158846;#158846
I suppose getting one of the two remotes mentioned to modify is out of the question? Must be exact - NOT "replacement for."

Doing some further research on the number you provided I found one remote control purveyor that states:
"N9278UD is a number that is cast into the battery cover of many incompatible remotes. N9278UD is NOT a valid part number for any Funai remote."
http://www.funai.newremotecontrol.com/catalog_item.php?catnum=FUNAI

Another possibility, since the manufacturer of this unit is Funai, is to go through their Owners / Service manuals for their Funai badged products from the same time frame.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com