Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Mitsubishi Convergence Issue    

neilshapiro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Mitsubishi Convergence Issue Reply with quote

Hello,
I have a LARGE Mitsubishi Projection TV with a Convergence issue, but I can't tell if I need to fix it with the remote or by replacing TV parts. Please help.

It is Mitsubishi Model no. WS-65511 Serial number 120059
Other info from back that I jotted down:
AC 120V
60 Hz
275 W

I appreciate anything you guys can do for me. Thanks so much.

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae190/neilshapiro/P1010609.jpg

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae190/neilshapiro/P1010610.jpg

As you can see the green lines are bent and don't match the blue and red, and the blue and red lines are slightly off from eachother as well. The green lines also flicker up and down.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the CUSTOMER convergence screen. If fixable by remote, the center cross MUST be able to move the blue and red up, down, left & right through the center cross.
If red, for example, moves up to a certain point, then you adjust it down through the center cross to a certain point below the cross, but will NOT move at all left or right - you have a parts problem.

Another quick way to tell (but you have to own the set) is yesterday it was working fine when you shut it off and today its messed up. No close lightning strike, no kids playing with, no wild parties to explain how it got so far from yesterday's acceptable convergence.
neilshapiro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the customer convergence screen I can move red and blue any which way, but there is also a green t which is bent and I can't get them to match it.
And the convergence went out while playing XBOX 360. Nothing particularly dangerous.
What do these mean?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd replace the convergence IC's and check the bias resistors.

Green is the reference that the red and blue are aligned against.
neilshapiro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thanks a bunch. I can google how to check bias resistors, but where would be the best place to buy a convergence IC?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IC8C01 is a STK393-110
Mitsubishi #267P155010
Resistors are R8C05, 6, 13, 14, 21, 22, 29, 30, 37, 39, 45, and 46.. all 3.9 ohm 2 watt.
Check pico fuses and solder joints also.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com