Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Mitsubishi CS-35203 no vertical deflection    

renenkel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Mitsubishi CS-35203 no vertical deflection Reply with quote

What: 36" CRT-type TV
Make: Mitsubishi
Model: CS-35203
Serial: 521179
Date: April 1997

Hello TV wizards! I recently turned on the TV and there was no vertical deflection, just a horizontal line in the middle of the screen. I never had any problems before this.

I don't have a service manual or a schematic, nor could I find one on the internet. I located the vertical deflection IC (LA7838). First I tried re-soldering all the pins. No help. Then I measured the following voltages wrt ground (pin 11): pin 1 = +12V, pin 8 = +30V, pin 13 = +29.5V. These seem okay judging from the spec sheet for the IC (http://www.alldatasheet.com/view.jsp?Searchword=LA7838). Does this mean the IC is blown?

I don't have a replacement IC to try, so I ordered one, but it'll probably take a week to arrive. Any ideas what else I should check in the meantime?

I have a volt/ohm meter, oscilloscope, and digital camera (and rubber gloves! Smile ) I would be glad to perform additional experiments and post the results if someone could direct me.

Regards and thanks,
Robert (Markham, Canada)
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XM-1 chassis. Could only find XM1. Might be close enough. C458?
http://elektrotanya.com/?q=showresult&megnev=mitsubishi&megnev2=xm1&kategoria=&kat2=all
renenkel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great! The schematic seems to match what I have. Thanks so much. I'll see what I can find out. Robert
renenkel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried replacing the 3 electrolytic capacitors near the vertical output IC, but the problem still occurs. So I'm still waiting for the replacement IC to arrive. Hopefully that will do it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com