Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Mitsubishi WD-52525 Optical Engine    

Dave

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Mitsubishi WD-52525 Optical Engine Reply with quote

This tv seems to be getting a hazy picture over the years. I noticed a fogging effect on the lamp that can be rubbed off. This same fog is present on the Optical Engine lense that sits in front of the lamp. I rubbed this lense with no cleaning results. Is this lense supposed to be clear or is is made this way?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Plasmaman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow what an old post with no reply's. Well I have tore down and fixed up about five of these sets. I have found that in order to clean up the picture noticeably you need to clean the lens, the mirrors (usually lots of dust hiding here) the lenticular lense (both sides) and both sides of the diamond shield as well. The diamond shield is easily removed by bowing the shield. It has three plastic clips on each side, pop the shield from the center and work your way out, then bow the shield and pop the top out, it should lift up and out after that. From there you can remove the four black screws across the back of the set in the rear, and the three screws going down each side in the rear. That will allow you to remove the lenticular lense, pull it up and out. You will need to disconnect the wire harness at the bottom of the screen that connects the menu, vol buttons ect. With the lenticular lense out the set will be basicly hollow and you can vacuum out all the dust, (I've seen spider webs in here that cause shadows on the screen) and wipe down all the mirrors. If you wipe the projector lense I would recommend a nice LCD cloth and be extra careful, as your not really supposed to touch it. Clean the set out carefully and re assemble it in reverse order. From there turn on the set, select ant-dtv input no signal, press tv menu 2-4-5-7 in sequence, press rewind to activate test pattern, press audio to select FMT function, use video button to select 1 HPOS, use adjust buttons to adjust picture horizontally, press enter to save the adjustment, use video button to select V POS, use adjust button to center the picture vertically, press enter to save the adjustment, DO NOT set the V POS adjustment data to 0 or 255 and press enter or the video will be muted and the onscreen will no longer be visible. Press home or tv menu twice to terminate the adjustment mode. You may not need to enter the service mode after you clean out your set, but is is nice to generate the test pattern just to check the alignment of the picture. Should you need to rotate the picture, you would make a mechanical adjustment of the brass screws close to the light engine. Horizontal and vertical keystone adjustment's are mechanical as well. Usually not needed unless your set has been moved alot, but again it's real easy to just enter the service mode and generate the test pattern as see exactly what you've got. The test pattern will look like a crosshair pattern with three border squares around it, it should be centered on the screen and the borders all equal. Should take you an hour or two, but you'll be happy with your results.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com