Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Mitsubishi WD-73727 Flickering/color displacement    

Tstno1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Mitsubishi WD-73727 Flickering/color displacement Reply with quote

So, I bought this WD-73727 Mitsubishi 73 inch DLP off of some guy on Craigslist that was moving out of state for $375. He wanted $700 for it, but when I showed up and plugged it in it did not work. The l.e.d. on the front of the tv indicated it had a bad bulb. I ended up talking him down to $375 since I had to buy a bulb, and we made the deal. He told me that he had owned it for two years, and had no problems with it other than having to replace the lamp once. He said he really liked the tv, but could not take it with him, so he had to sell it.

I got the TV home thinking I had just made a slammer deal. I was going to purchase a bulb, and was going to watch the Superbowl on a 73 inch tv!! I purchased a new bulb ($200) in town, and installed it. I powered the set up, bulb seems to be working great...... but minor problem, the whole TV flickers! It seems to only have blue and green colors coming and going on random parts of the screen while it appears the screen is split down the middle, while independently jumbling, glitching, and flickering.

I can bring up all of the menu options, and see them, but it is difficult to look at the screen because of it flickering so much, almost like a strobe light. I hooked up all inputs with the same results. everything played, but the screen flickers with the color all screwed up.

I found nothing in the owner's manual that would help, so got on the net and started researching. I downloaded the service manual. I went through all of the troubleshooting procedures and nothing. When attempting to get an error code, it just flashs #12, (nothing wrong). So,
I replaced the lamp (part#9159027010), but that was'nt the problem. The TV still flickers with messed up color.

After reading multiple posts in multiple forums, I have tried everything. I have re-seated the dvi cable going to the light(optical) engine with no good results. I have done manual hard resets on the TV. At this point the problem is looking more and more like a light engine problem. Unfortunately, I cannot find anywhere on the net that has the part # 938P019010 in stock. I have no problem fixing this myself, but need acess to the part. Do you know where I could get one? Do you think something else on the tv may be at fault? after the new bulb, I now have a $575 paperweight, and am starting to think I took a bad gamble trying to fix this thing. I have no problem putting some money into the set, but man....I'm getting closer and closer to the cost of a brand new 73" DLP.

Do you think I have a shot at getting Mitsubishi to repair it for free since they lengthend the warranty on the sets for defective light engines? The manufacture date on the tv was Oct. 2006. So I am hoping it was not purchased till early to mid 2007. However, Since I purchased it second hand I do not have a reciept. Would this be a problem? I have written the guy I purchased it from to get the reciept, and he is trying to find it with no luck yet.

Please help.......any suggestions? Am I on the right track? Is this a lost cause? Will my dreams of having a 73" tv in my living room die? Please help.

Brent
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are probably not going to like this but here you go:

Pixilated Picture:

1. If the menu is affected, suspect the FMT PCB part # 934C160001

2. If the menu is good, suspect the DM PCB part # 934C152006

Solorized Picture:

1. Problem may be intermittent. Remove and reseat the DVI cable between the Chassis and Optical engine.

2. Removing and reseating the DVI cable does not resolve, replace the Optical Engine part # 938P019010

Vertical Lines/Bars:

1. May be only be only on half of screen, suspect the Optical Engine part # 938P019010

Wrong or Missing Color, Menu Affected:

1. Problem may be intermittent, Try removing and reseating the DVI cable between the Chassis and Optical engine.

2. If removing and reseating the DVI cable does not resolve, replace the Optical Engine part # 938P019010

Light engine available here: http://www.encompassparts.com/ cost = 795.00 including core chg. minus shipping.

Before going off the deep end check for expanded electrolytics on the power supply.

Hope this helps.

Jesse
bishop8000

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I solved this and made a DIY write up. Enjoy

http://rapidshare.com/files/416856811/Mitsubishi_WD-73727_Distortion___Flicker_Solved.pdf.html
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bishop8000 gave me permission to host this document on our site.

you can download it HERE - Mitsubishi_WD-73727_Distortion_Flicker_Solved.pdf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com