Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Mitsubishi ws-48511 green half circle and bottom red text   Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Randomtask2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject: Mitsubishi ws-48511 green half circle and bottom red text Reply with quote

Hello everyone, im new to this forum. I have a Mitsubishi widescreen 48511. Owned since new. Never had any issues. This happened while I was watching it. The top left of the screen formed a green half circle and double text around it. And the bottom of it now is all red text. I have contacted Mitsubishi tech support and reset all 3 factory resets. Nothing changed. They told me to contact a th repair buisness. That went out of buisness. So I have been begging my dad not to throw this away. I am mechanically inclined. And if told what part to replace, I can do so. This tv we have owned forever and when I move its coming with me. I dislike newer tvs. Projection has been my favorite by far. So if any tips or information woul be greatly appreciated. I haven't really read many posts similar to my issue. So if you guys need pictures. Just ask I can add some. Thank you for your time any information helps.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds more like your Dad owns/owned it ...

Searching (here and elsewhere for) Mitsubishi + convergence plus + this chassis &/or these models http://imgur.com/CxCqj5p should get you in the ballpark.

Bad solder joints/defective ICs / burnt resistors open fuse(s) are all good candidates.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

per my lookup, you'll likely need to replace STK393-110 convergence chips.
I can't tell if there is 2 or 3 of those in your model.
Randomtask2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuhurdler wrote:

Well this information all you guys has given me is very helpful, thank you. I will loon up these parts. And get them saved for order.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanyo STK393-110 6-Channel Convergence Correction Circuit ... so I'd guess one.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Randomtask2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuhurdler wrote:

Ok so on eBay they have a deflection board listed for sale. Would that be what I needed. It looks to be the entire motherboard. I'm sorry for my lack of lingo. But when I look up my tv model number on eBay. This deflection board pops up. And a repair place In Texas that fixes the convergence chips.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I *think* it is located on that board. But that's kind of like replacing your whole car engine in order to get new spark plugs.

***edited to show my mistake*** it is not actually located on that board. Sorry

I assume you'd have to redo the realignment procedures that are normally done at factory. Whereas, if you just replace the STK chip, it should go back to normal.

Last edited by kuhurdler on Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://imgur.com/hp2dKzB

Watch out - NOT complete part number.

Also convergence IC (singular) is on PCB POWER - Not PCB MAIN.
http://imgur.com/4SdbwGu
Randomtask2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so update. I just read the message now. I ordered the deflection board. $50 bucks. And mine was good to begin with. Ok, so would anyone like to send a picture of what exactly s convergence chip is, and where it is on the board and how easily repairable they are. There's as convergence repair kit online for $70. And a shop that will repair them for 100$.
Randomtask2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now I have a spare deflection board, if anyone needs one, let me know. I'm hoping the guy on eBay, takes it back. Lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com