Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
moved image Sony FWD-50px2    

perden

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:41 am    Post subject: moved image Sony FWD-50px2 Reply with quote

The image on my Sony FWD-50PX2 plasma screen moved up a bit. Now part of the top image (full screen) can be seen on the bottum. So the Hor. position is not correct.
The Hor. and Vert position normally can be changed in the menu, I can see the items in the menu but these are disabled, can't use them as many more items. I know that by a certain code it is possible to enable these items but I do not know the code. Who does. They are normaly used by repair shops etc.
Bought the screen when I was stationed in Korea and it was there for repairs probably they blocked the menu items over there. After moving back home this problem occured. Crying or Very sad

Found already codes for all kinds of other plasma screens but not for the SONY FWD-50PX2. So I was hoping that there would be someone out there who knows the codes for this type of screen.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried to access these position adjustments with various signal sources and at various customer setups. Not all controls may be active during all setup/modes.

There are still people out there that expect to get 5.1 channel sound on AM, phono, etc. using their stereo receivers.
perden

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, tried it but can't be changed.

I know that there are codes to get these items activated (service menu). Found many of them for other types of screens but not for this one.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giving you access to the service menu would be like giving a technician access to the engineers factory menu. If you are not a Sony Engineer, or a highly qualified technician, you are not qualified by any streatch of the imagination.

That being said:

This is a professional, multinational, highly capable display unit that will do it all.

If the areas you are trying to access are grayed out, there is a reason and you have only two options.

1: The set has a MALFUNCTION and that no amount of "adjusting" will correct. Take it to Qualified Personel. This set is just about 100% digital and if you get access to the service menu you will screw it up and very possibly damage the unit.
2: You need to read the directions. I know, that is a novel approach, but it sometimes actually works. There are several resets on this unit from within the customer menu. You might try that. When an area is greyed out, and there is no actual malfunction, it is ALWAYS because something else is set wrong, or the set feature does not work in present input/user mode

I hope I have not offended you, but the statements given are accurate.

Jesse
perden

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.
But if all you say is true, why are the options then described in the owners manual? There it says that these items can be used.
I have the idea that some overactive Korean "technician" blocked these items.
Could that be possible?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you may be watching to much TV. Laughing Laughing Television sets are built with robotics and aligned with computers and firmware installation's.

SEE ALL OF OPTION #2 on previous post.

Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com