Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
My tv picture narrowes in the middle. (photo)    

cvetozaver

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: My tv picture narrowes in the middle. (photo) Reply with quote

My Sony CRT tv flickers like in the image below.

Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know that Sony only made the ONE CRT set? YOURS.
Would that have been the ONE set they made for the decade of the 70's? The 80's? The 90's? Or the 2000's Confused
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pincushion
model number?
cvetozaver

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will tell you in a short while.

I've noticed a buzzing sound inside TV, so I opened it and found it's comming from the high-voltage wire. (the one sticking to TV screen).

So I pulled the rubber away (after discharging) and saw electricity passing through air (after turning on TV) (I don't know what this effect is called in English, that's why it sounds stupid).

The wire is "clamped" to the screen. The contact must be bad, because when I moved the wire (with 20cm stick of course), the screen went back to normal and buzzing stopped. But when the wire moves a little, it again goes bad.

So how would you sugject me to make this contact better? Should I sand paper it a bit?

Another question, last year I broke my remote control for the TV (it was too close to the high voltage line and it got shocked). Is there store with spare remote controlls OR an internet site with control codes (so I can teach my new remote).
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will tell you in a short while ... after you post model.

Extremely hard to Google a number that's not known.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com