Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Need to get Infocus td40 service menu codes    

andersen1966

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Need to get Infocus td40 service menu codes Reply with quote

I have an Infocus TD40 and need to get the Service Menu Code for it, does anyone have any ideas on what it might be.

thank you,
dan
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan,
Infocus has a webpage WWW.infocus.com that I looked at and they say this model can only be serviced in Kentucky. Usually a company will say that when they do not have a servicer network set up to handle this product or have a propriatatory reason. They have an online tech support line you might try. I would imagine they are going to want to know your skill level and what company you are with before giving out that kind of information. I have access to most manufacturers but do not have access to this one.
What are you trying to do? There are usually VERY limited things you can do in the service menu without really messing up your set unless you really know what you are doing. Or are you talking about the customer setup menu?

Jesse
andersen1966

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse Mack,

thanks for the info, I don't know how I missed that on the website other then the fact that I was rushinig.

I have a thin line going across the top of my screen (someone once told me it was broadcast signal (or jibberish) and I managed to adjust it without ruining my set, but I do build, modifiy, and restore different electronic devices from over the years.

I guess if I call the number they provide they will want to send someone to look at it instead of just telling me over the phone.

if anyone has any advice, or do video and TV repair, and live in the Houston, TX area let me know cause I would be interested in getting it fixxed.

thanks again for the info,
dan
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan,
This is a TFT Active Matrix LCD technology. If you have a thin line going across horizontally, the question is, can you see the line when the set is OFF. Look carefully, there seems to be a rash of this kind of failure going on and it is called delamination. If you can see the line when the set is off the only correction is to replace the panel.
For your sake I hope you cannot see it when it is off.
If it is a colored line, it is a possible LVDS cable or digital control board.
Good luck.

Jesse
andersen1966

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse,

I found this link and it describes what I am getting, It only does it on some channels, It sounds like I am going to have to call the tech department.

http://www.hdtvoice.com/voice/archive/index.php/t-19576.html

If you have any other ideas let me know.

thanks,
dan
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan,
Since this is not a projector but a direct view display, and since each pixel is addressed directly, this kind of noise would be in the broadcast. If it is irritating you, try changing the aspect ratio. there are about 14 different aspect ratio's being broadcast so you might be able to overscan the irritation simply by adjusting the aspect ratio.

Hope this helps.

Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com