Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Need trimmer identification    

GBertolet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Need trimmer identification Reply with quote

I have a bad trimmer/potientiometer on my zenith tv power board. It controls the horozontal width of the picture. It's a one turn trimmer with a range of 0 to 2 ohms, with top adjustment. I have a spare board, so I obtained the range from it's good trimmer. On the back it has only 857-08 and 8605 on it, with no manufacturer listed. I am having trouble cross-referencing it. The existing trimmer is defective, testing open. I need an accurate description of this trimmer, so I will know what to order for it's replacement. Plus where is a good source to obtain one fron?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a MODEL NUMBER a person could try to locate the service literature. If the service literature is found, with a LOCATION NUMBER a person might be able to find it in the parts list or on the schematic. If it is found in the parts list, there may be a part number, etc. Rolling Eyes
GBertolet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got some help, and found it is a 9mm, single turn, 2K trimmer.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great. We'll be sure to use this info to help us next time we come across a board with no model number.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com