Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
No model # on CinemaVision HDTV    

wannabe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: No model # on CinemaVision HDTV Reply with quote

Hello,
I was given a used 53" CinemaVision 1080i HDTV with the sticker missing from the back. How can i find the model # so i can order a remote to set the convergence? (or try)
It seems to show all the signs (from what I've read) of the convergence chips being shot. I can get the numbers off of the chips to order new ones but, after reading a manual that covered several models, I will have to have the remote to set the convergence since it can't be done from the front panel.
I'm pretty sure this isn't the oldest of the models as it has 2 component input chnls, 3 composite input chnls, 2 of which have s-video inputs, 1 program out composite chnl and 1 "digital input" that looks like a type of DVI plug. all audio in's and out's are analog red and white rca plugs.
When i talked to Panasonic on the phone I could not get passed this 1 lady who told me it can't be determined.
Maybe someone can tell me how the naming convention works ie...
PT-47WX42
PT-47WX52
PT-53WX42
PT-53WX52
PT-56WX42
PT-56WX52
and
PT-56TW53
PT-53TW53
the first # is the size? and second # is...
The front has the bottom cabinet inset on each side 6 or 8 inches,the front has the power,volume, channel, action, tv/video buttons and to the right of those are an s-video, video-4, l and r audio rca jacks
Hopefully, with help, I can narrow it down to just a couple of different remotes to buy.
sorry about the long post.

Thanks for any enlightenment,
wannabe
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cnet.com/news/what-hdtv-model-numbers-mean/

http://blogs.which.co.uk/technology/tvs/whats-in-a-name-cracking-panasonic-tv-codes/
wannabe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the "naming" links. Got any ideas if the model # is inside anywhere?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presume we are talking 3 CRT rear projection.
There may be. Or a chassis number (like chassis EP824 / FP824 for a couple of model numbers that you provided).

Check inside back (molded plastic or flat press-board?) cover, inside cabinet, on frames that CRTs / circuit boards are mounted to. Should be a number of 'date codes' at least.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com