Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
older analog TV now buzzing    

rayreed

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject: older analog TV now buzzing Reply with quote

problem started when a video was not playing clearly. at some point the tv screen was mostly grey with a few background images. i disconnected everything & hooked up only TV, digital converter box, vcr & amplified antenna. picture was ok, not quite as clear. later i disconnected vcr from the setup and now the TV has a buzzing sound. i scanned all TV channels with digital converter box but a loud buzz happens fairly often for several secondswhile watching a number of the channels. also a number of the channels now have a low background hum.

i tried different coax cables (screw on & push on) & it happens w/ all of them. is the threaded piece on back of tv that attaches to coax cable now loose? if so, is there an easy way to fix this connection? is the connection to the coax cable causing the buzzing? getting a new tv is not really in the cards right now.

it is a 1984 19" SONY TRINITRON COLOR TELEVISION model KV-1992R attached to an amplified RCA antenna model ANT 1250 sitting on top of the TV, & attached to a 2008 ZENITH DIGITAL TV TUNER CONVERTER BOX model DTT901.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

rayreed

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this afternoon the tv worked fine for a brief period then picture turned grey with some ghosting & loud buzzing on all channels. now it is back working just fine. is the tv a goner or is it the digital converter box or the antenna? could it be the connection on the back of the tv that connects to coax?
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suspect the tuner failing on that particular era of SONY TVs. If you have any RCA inputs, I would recommend connecting the digital tuner via RCA input.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com