Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Olevia 232-S13 picture upside down    

nick_99

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Olevia 232-S13 picture upside down Reply with quote

Olevia model 232-S13 LCD

Hi all,
I replaced the original main pcb from my tv and now it is telling me to stand on my head to watch! Laughing picture is upside down.

I went through on screen menu but cant find any setting to invert the pic.

Can someone give a suggestion on what to do next? I am tired on bending my neck to read the screen. Smile I am about to take out some screws and turn the plastic panel upside down, but afraid I might run into more problems than I already have.
Shocked
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was that "Customer" On Screen Menu or "Service" On Screen Menu Question

What was the original problem that caused you to change the Main PCB?
nick_99

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original board was replaced because it wasn't working properly. After starting tv for a few minutes, picture was going off - dark screen. I had diagnostics done by local shop, and they said to replace the main pcb.
nick_99

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Customer on screen menu. Sorry I'm not techy enough to get into service menu.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's where the screen flip adjustments would be. (I'll see if I can dig up the procedure)
Another alternative would be to locate and exchange EEPROMS (assumes original board setup is correct).
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

nick_99

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
Another alternative would be to locate and exchange EEPROMS (assumes original board setup is correct).

Do you mean the original board setup did not have this problem and the pic was not upside down, then Yes.
I have the original board and I will look into locating EEEPROMS, assuming it is a chip?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually 8-pin DIP (Dual Inline Pin), most likely surface mount, **24C** (ie. 24C08, etc.).
beakerwsw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to revive a wicked old thread, but I'm having the exact same issue, does anyone else know how to fix this?
TonyC1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Flip the tv over Reply with quote

Just flip tv over :lol:

sorry could't resist
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com