Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Panasonic CT-27G24A - picture adjustments    

tao101

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject: Panasonic CT-27G24A - picture adjustments Reply with quote

I just had the back off my 1999-era TV to resolder the s-video connector and was surprised there wasn't an array of potentiometers for adjusting the horizontal and vertical picture size, etc. Can anybody assist me with several minor picture issues?

1) The picture extends off the top and bottom of the screen by at least 1/2 inch in each direction.
2) The picture is bowed-in somewhat on each side...a "trapezoidal" problem?
3) There is a roughly 1/2 inch vertical "stripe" down the right side of the screen where the image is noticeably lighter.

BTW, I tried the code for "serviceman mode", but my TV doesn't have a setting for Antenna/Cable, and also no longer lets me tune channels at random. The channel up/down controls only step through a set of pre-programmed channels from before the switch to digital, and I'm stymied over how to turn this off.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Repair any problem(s) BEFORE making ANY adjustment(s).

tao101 wrote:
my TV doesn't have a setting for Antenna/Cable, and also no longer lets me tune channels at random. The channel up/down controls only step through a set of pre-programmed channels from before the switch to digital, and I'm stymied over how to turn this off.

https://www.manualowl.com/m/Panasonic/CT27G24A/Manual/128967

An Auto Search for channels with NO Antenna connected or manually erasing all one at a time should leave No channels left in memory.
tao101

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I figured it out. When the TV is set to take its input from Video 1 or Video 2, the Antenna/Cable, Auto Program, and Manual Program options all disappear! In spite of what the manual says, I'd forgotten they were ever there. Will browse the serviceman options shortly.

Quote:
Repair any problem(s) BEFORE making ANY adjustment(s).

Of the issues I listed, which would you classify as problems and which as adjustments?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tao101 wrote:
1) The picture extends off the top and bottom of the screen by at least 1/2 inch in each direction.
2) The picture is bowed-in somewhat on each side...a "trapezoidal" problem?
3) There is a roughly 1/2 inch vertical "stripe" down the right side of the screen where the image is noticeably lighter.

First check ALL B-Plus sources for correct voltage values and no excessive ripple.
1) Anywhere between 1/4 & 1/2 inch is allowed (approx. 10% overscan).
2) You may want to confirm the resistance value of R760 Width potentiometer (5K) on the Z board (pincushion).
3) Check C555 in 220 volt line.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com