Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Panasonic CT-32SX12 Picture Bow's at Ends    

tim273

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Panasonic CT-32SX12 Picture Bow's at Ends Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this, but I'd like to try to fix this TV. I got it for free and noticed the ends were bowed in on the picture, and the picture is too wide. The model number is CT-32SX12, but I'm not sure of the chassis number because the sticker on the back was taken off. Is that something I could find inside? I guessed on the model number after looking at a few owner's manuals.

I've tried messing with the service menus, adjusting the up/down, left/right etc, but it didn't have a geometry option like a CRT computer monitor does. I haven't tried anything more than that.

Here's some pictures:

I don't have any tools other than a multimeter, so I'll need help with that, otherwise let me know. If you need more pictures, let me know. Thanks in advance for your help.

Tim
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth:

IF the TV was originally working normally and became the way you NOW see it by a part or parts failing - troubleshooting and replacing the defective part(s) WILL likely cure the set. No adjustments needed.

IF the TV was originally working normally and became the way you NOW see it by one or more persons "messing" in the Service Menu - further "messing" {by restoring the misadjusted Service Menu parameter(s) to near original value(s)} WILL likely cure the set.

IF the TV was originally working normally and became the way you NOW see it by a part or parts failing AND THEN one or more persons tried repairing by "messing" with Service Menu adjustments - troubleshooting and replacing the defective part(s) FOLLOWED BY restoring the misadjusted Service Menu parameter(s) to near original value(s)} WILL cure the set.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com