TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

Advertise Here  
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Panasonic Plasma TH-50PX75U Shuts down when moved.    

tagor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Panasonic Plasma TH-50PX75U Shuts down when moved. Reply with quote

My 50" Panasonic plasma TV is causing me grief. TH-50PX75U
It is mounted to the wall on a double wishbone mount that can swing to any position.
This is a heavy duty mount, properly secured to the wall and TV with 4 bolts into the back.
We are having issues with it losing picture and sound when it is moved or it's position shifted.
It does NOT shut off however and we get the black screen with the blue input mode display in the top left corner.
Just as you would expect to see if the signal was lost.
However the signal has not been lost. I have checked the cables (we are using 2 HDMI inputs, one from SAT and one from DVD) I have wiggled the cables all along their length and am confident it is not a cable issue.
We can still use the TV remote and switch modes from SAT to DVD etc, but with the same symptoms.
It will occasionally shut down on its own while being watched and no one near the set, but more often it is caused by someone shifting the TV's position. We do this by grabbing the outside black frame of the TV on the left and right side and pulling.
To resolve the issue we have to move the TV again until it comes back on. I find if I give the TV frame a slight "twisting motion" it usually resolves.
Could something be loose inside the set?
Do you think it's a circuit board with a small crack?
Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please be as specific as possible, while I am an automotive mechanic, I have no TV repair experience.
I can't afford a repair man at this time, and the TV is only 2 years old.
Thank you in advance for any help.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2013 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com