Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Panasonic pt-51hx41e won't power up    

Mad Professor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Panasonic pt-51hx41e won't power up Reply with quote

Hello all I have a friend who has Panasonic 51" pt-51hx41e, she got it free from a neighbor in a non working state and wants me to fix it.

I do repair work on LCD monitor's and TV's and motherboard work, but I've never worked on a CRT.

The problem is, I hear it click on but the screen remains black as if no light is being projected then two seconds later it shuts off, unable to restart. I myself can hear that high pitch frequency that a CRT TV makes. so I know it's some what working.

I found the service manual for it but it doesn't give much clues on to where to start.

Also I don't have the TV on-site, it's at her place.

Any ideas where to start looking for this problem?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

gopro25

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest you start looking at the TV.

Not trying to be funny.

Open it up and see if you notice anything obvious. That is the only place to start. Look for blown capacitors.

Might look like this...

Once you get inside the television and have a look around, report back with pictures to get more help!

Good luck!
JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A complete visual inspection will also find: missing components/assemblies; charred components; cold solder joints; foreign materials; cracked PCBs, etc.
Imran khakn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As i remind my work on Panasonic PT

Problem in Start up circuit
One Power supply out put regulator IC should be faulty,
Test input and out put voltages on regulator Ic's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com