Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Panasonic TC-L32B6H - won't power on    

Eliasib

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: Panasonic TC-L32B6H - won't power on Reply with quote

Panasonic TC-L32B6H LCD TV which does not turn on, Standby LED does not even glow therefore beforehand itīs known that there is a failure in the primary part of the power supply. Checking several components I found a Zener diode ( I say Zener because of its PCB symbol) which does not produce any impedance measurement in both directions therefore it might be considered it is in open-circuit. the code of its label says: T3D2 0... any help and reply, welcome! God bless you
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

madmanmapper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't know much about zener diodes. But I doubt that's it. Does it have a fuse on the power supply board near the power cord plug? If that's not it, start at the beginning, where the power plug goes to the board. Follow your nose. Smell burned? If it does, look around, something should be visibly fried. If not, checking for cracked solder joints on the board is a good start.

Also, have you tried a different power cord? I know that sounds like a stupid suggestion, but really, the typical PC/electronic stuff power cord plugs I've always had problems with. It's a stupid design...

If you like to live dangerously, with everything open and the power supply board accessible, plug in the cord and get your voltmeter. Make sure power is coming into the board, follow the traces and make sure it goes down the line. Usually, a total loss of power would be from something at the very beginning of the circuit. There's probably also a diode to convert ac to dc, make sure the power goes in AND comes out.

Be careful doing this... there's a reason there are 3 tiny holes burned in my left hand. Not to mention you could make your TV's problem a lot worse if you make a wrong move.
Eliasib

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi friend thank for replying me...there is 156 VDC across the main capacior of the power supply (from main line 115VAC) therefore the fuse, bridge rectifier are discarded... the power supply is not oscillating maybe the mosfet driving the main transformer is bad.. but I measure it with my tester and it shows no short-circuit. I have checked out all the components in the primary of the power supply such as diodes, resistors and other components and they seem to be ok.. what do I have to do it next ???
Eliasib

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi friend,I will go on waiting any suggestion from you, Oother thing is that I lost the diode mentioned above.. Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com