Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Panasonic TH-42PX25 inputs not working    

OldGuy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Panasonic TH-42PX25 inputs not working Reply with quote

The TV has 2 component inputs, one HDMI, 3 composite inputs, 2 antenna inputs, and a PC 15 pin VGA input. I can connect a PC to the VGA input and use the TV as a computer monitor with no problem. I have tried the HDMI, both component inputs, and all three composite inputs with no luck. I have used a set top box and a dvd player to test the different inputs. Both of those devices work with other TVs. I can get the OSD to work with no problems. When I run the self test, everything checks out. When I connect the TV directly to my cable without going through the cable box, it finds several digital channels with audio and three with video.

I've used JustAnswer twice with this TV. In one case, the "expert" gave up on the problem and turned me over to another "expert." In both cases, the JustAnswer expert assured me that the problem was the H board. This seems reasonable, as all of the inputs except the VGA input go through that board. The board is relatively inexpensive, so I have purchased two of them. The TV responds identically with either my original board or either of the ones I purchased.

Does anyone have any experience with this set?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com