Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Panasonic TH-50PZ800U - won't power on    

hasselback

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Panasonic TH-50PZ800U - won't power on Reply with quote

I've kept this set going for some time now, thanks in no small part to the wonderful guidance I've received on this forum. However, we've run into another problem.

The power switch has been acting strangely for a while now. It started out by taking a couple of pushes to get it to turn on. Then it just stopped working. We were able to use a remote to get the set to turn on after that, but my nephew (who is two) was able to get his mitts on the remote and (apparently) mashed the right buttons to wipe the remote's memory. It's one of those "universal" jobs that replaced the original TV remote when it went Tango Uniform.

Anyway, I think I have a defective power switch. How hard of a repair is this? I diagnosed and replaced a board in this set before, so I've done some work on it in the past. Is it any more difficult than that? Does anyone have any photos or other guidance of how to do this?

Thanks!

George.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com