Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Panasonic Viera TX-PR65VT60 Seven blinks of death    

jimbenedetto

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Panasonic Viera TX-PR65VT60 Seven blinks of death Reply with quote

My Viera is about three years old, and started giving me the "Seven blinks of death." Mr. Google and Mr. YouTube showed me how to get the back off the thing and I've started troubleshooting the circuit boards with a multimeter, but I'm not finding any shorts on the ribbon connector pins. Should I also be testing resistors or whatever on the boards? I'm new to all this.

The set is fantastic when it works, but I'm at wit's end for how to fix it. I live in the Mariana Islands, so it's not an option to ship it off for repairs. There are one or two electronic repair places, but friends have told me they're not up to this type of repair, and neither of them are authorized to repair Panasonic sets.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by jimbenedetto on Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FULL model? For example:
Panasonic TC-P65VT60 Review & Rating
TH perhaps?
Panasonic TX-P65VT65B (VT65/ VT60) Review
jimbenedetto

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TX-PR65VT60 is the full model
jimbenedetto

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know how I could identify the board or boards that may be at fault? Common culprits are the SC, SD, and SU boards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com