Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Philips 24PW6006/05 Flips from standby to 'on' and back    

Laurie1947

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Philips 24PW6006/05 Flips from standby to 'on' and back Reply with quote

This TV has been taking longer and longer to start after cycling from standby to on.

The picture had been lacking full width on right hand side for a few seconds when it starts after using the Remote to switch between external inputs and On/Off.

Now it will start after very many tries after flicking from 'On' to standby and back. I can hear something clicking on the main board as it tries to turn on.

Once it is ON and settled after a few seconds we get a good picture and sound.

Ideas of things to test or change would be great. It seems a shame to ditch a basicaly good set that can be used as a spare or donated to someone who can enjoy it for another few years.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When set is "on," does "slapping" it produce any adverse effects?

I'd first open it and give a good inspection. Look for anything that doesn't look right: burnt parts, discolored areas, foreign objects, loose connectors/plugs, BAD SOLDER JOINT(S), etc.
Laurie1947

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JTS
Thanks for your interest. I have taken off the back and checked for loose and dry joints - all seems OK but it still takes lots of tries on the remote to get it started.

Last night I picked up the repair manual in PDF so I'll be taking out the series inductor that feeds the DC power supply to the rest of the set to see if the clicking stops (a relay?) and points to the LOP stage - a Philips repair tip. Fingers are crossed that it points me in the right direction. I'm amazed how computer orientated TVs are these days!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com