Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
philips 25TS54 C122 cliking on off not turning on   Goto page 1, 2  Next  

frons44

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: philips 25TS54 C122 cliking on off not turning on Reply with quote

have a philips magnavox 25ts54 c122 from 1998
its not turning on with on button or remote just makes cliking noise green power light comes on then off,ch. button & menu do the same thing
did take off back blew all dust off cleaned buttons didnt help did notic. diode?? glow for sec. by the power supply ,, is it worth trying to get fixed
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may sound strange to you. I would remove the chassis and remove the button array. Also look for water damage on the front of the circuit board. (corrosion) Many people clean the screen by spraying the screen and then wiping. If the liquid is not caught before getting to the botton of the screen it will drip on to the switch area of the circuit board. I have seen many bad switches and there is even a bulliton on this. Unfortunately the array is no longer available and if you try to order it you will get only one of the tack switches instead of the complete assy.

The problem is that one of the buttons has corroded or failed in the on position and this gives a wrong total resistance to ground to the micro.

You can remove the switch array and still operate the set with the remote. If it works this way you have bad switches.

Hope this helps.

Jesse
Quote:
ch. button & menu do the same thing
frons44

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: thanks for reply Reply with quote

hey thanks again :D this did happen 1 time before but it was the channel buttons they kept changing were stuck .. did same thing blew out dust & cleaned with achol then it worked this was at least a yeay ago ever sence then menu , voulem buttons will turn tv off .. use cable box so dont worry much any way thanks will tear er apart again & look for stains & such
frons44

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: philips 25TS54 C122 cliking on off not turning on still Reply with quote

well finaly got to pull the button array out but didnt change anything. still cliking on & off now i did get on a group thur riddledtv and someone said it could be defective convergence amps. and unplug and start it up. problem with that is i dont know what that is or were they are on the circuit board. then they never answered back to explan. could you explan or do ya have any other ideas ..anything would be great ..
and thanks for the help so far
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not the convergence amps. The reason I know... is because this model does not have any. those are used in big screen TVs. Rear Projection to be specific.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: philips 25TS54 C122 cliking on off not turning on Reply with quote

frons44 wrote:
did notic. diode?? glow for sec. by the power supply ,,

Do you have a location number for "glowing" part?
frons44

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: philips 25TS54 C122 cliking on off not turning on Reply with quote

hey thanks for setting me straight on the amps thing. look all over the net and all i could find had to do with big screen tvs anyway i locatad the glowing part it has # ether 0409 or D409 next to it and it does look kinda burned around it also its next to a big part with wires going to the tube. mainly a cable like wire with a suckction cup like end on the tube . sry dont know the names of the parts .any ideas i havent given up yet
again any ideas would be great thanks for the help guys!!!!!
JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does "glowing part" (O409/D409) look anything like this? http://www.made-in-china.com/image/2f1j00refadtAUbIqwM/Neon-Lamp-NE-2-.jpg

Your "big part" sounds like Flyback transformer (aka. Horizontal or High voltage output).

I'm beginning to wonder if CRT ... Try turning on with CRT neck board unplugged.
frons44

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: philips 25TS54 C122 cliking on off not turning on Reply with quote

well i checked the part dont think its the same 1 but i took a pic of it and put a bule square around it ill put a link in for it hope it works
http://cid-900f7a1fbfddcdb1.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/tv/7%2016%2008%201234.jpg and yes thats the flyback thats its next to as far as unpluging the neck board theres 2 plugs 1 pluged into board itself and 1 pluged into circuit board wasnt sure witch 1 or both to unplug .. didnt want to blow myself up lol again thanks for your help
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I missed the glowing part description. VERY IMPORTANT
Your picture was good enough to ID part and what circuit it is in and what is wrong with your set.

This diode is for the -13Volt supply for the vertical circuit.
You need to change:
D409 - Diode -- Part number 483513037094 $3.01
R420 - Resistor -- Part number 483511657109 1 Ohm 1/3 Watt $1.43
C419 - Capacitor -- Part number 483512447699 1000 MFD @ 16VDC $1.00
IC500 - Integrated circuit -- Part number 483520988531 (TDA9302H) $4.83
All Parts Available Here: http://www.mcmelectronics.com

Change all of the parts, as the unit will re-fail almost the moment you turn it on if you do not.

Hope this helps

Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com