Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Philips 32pfl5403d-f7 remote receiver failure    

Dark Angel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Philips 32pfl5403d-f7 remote receiver failure Reply with quote

Hello all,

Phillips TV Model Number: 32pfl5403d-f7

ok here is the problem that a family member is having on there T.V. It is only about 1 1/2 years old and they just recently started having problems using the remote to change the channels on the tv using the original remote as well as a universal. The rest of the TV works fine as well as the buttons on the side of it.

It is wall mounted so it has plenty of ventilation around it.

Anyone have a clue as to what the problem is and how to fix it?

I have searched here and on the net and it would appear that the problem would be in the receiver IR board, but I would like a second opinion on this.

Thanks for the help in advance. :)
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRY:
Locate the IR/LED board bottom left side. Remove the Board and locate chip capacitor 2P10 next to connector TP10. Desolder and remove it from board. It will test shorted. 10ufd 6.3V SMD. Double check resistor 3P16. Check that it is measuring 100 ohms. If open replace it.

Please try to learn how to spell while you're at it.
Dark Angel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I will give that a try.

Also right now I don't care about spelling as I am currently recovering from 2 major surgeries from cancer.

I also just double check my previous post by copying and pasting it in the window which by the way has a spell checker built in and nothing turned up with a red underline under any of the words.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the front of your TV.

Dark Angel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update, the family member was able to find the IR Receiver board and replace it, so the TV is back to normal and functioning again.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com