Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Philips 32PW8608/12 horizontal line (no vertical)    

yes.tv

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Philips 32PW8608/12 horizontal line (no vertical) Reply with quote

Hi.
Just found this forum. My first post Smile

I have a Philips 32PW8608/12 CRT.
Chassis EM2E.

The TV works good for a few hours and can be days but then all of sudden just a horizontal line across the screen for few seconds and the TV goes to standby and red LED blinks on the front, I guess this is some kind of "protection mode"?
The TV can sometimes be turned OFF and ON again and the picture will return as normal.

I opened it and tried flexing and banging on the PCB a little to check if there was a solder joint failure, but dosn't to anything.
I re-soldered the vertical IC which had no effect.

Also checked supply voltage to vertical IC (in these few seconds that the TV would stay ON) which seem a little high 26V schematic says 13V, but guess there is no load and that could explain it.

Is there any way to make it stay ON (with horizontal line) and not go into standby?

Any advice apriciated.
thanks.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feed a pulse (vertical) to the microprocessor's vertical sync detect pin from your Sencore (or other) test signal generator.

I, myself, would think repairing the vertical sweep circuit would be better.
Plus and minus 13/15 VDC are supplies to TDA8177
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com