Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Philips 37PFL5322D/37 LCD has no sound    

jeb72

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Philips 37PFL5322D/37 LCD has no sound Reply with quote

Hello, I have a Phillips 37PFL5322D/37 LCD T.V that I got from a friend who broke the side A/V card while trying to remove a broken A/V cable prong. The picture is perfect but there is no sound. The mute is off and the volume is at 100%. There is no option in the setup menu to disable the speakers, the speaker is external and connects in the back of the set via standard speaker wire. I removed the back of the unit and checked with my meter for continuity in the speaker wires going to the main board and they both rang out. I also hooked the speaker to my audio system just to verify that it was functional and it works just fine. Really wondering if the broken card is the culprit, does it have to be there in order for there to be audio(i removed it)?
Is there something else that I can check?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com