Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
philips 42PFL3604H/12 - needs to warm up    

bluder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:29 am    Post subject: philips 42PFL3604H/12 - needs to warm up Reply with quote

It's an old tv but i would like to fix it if possible.. need a quick opinion, the issue is as follows:
Tv needs to 'warm up' in order to function normally, but sometimes even the warmup doesnt work. It display smeared static images, for example smeared blue if there is no input, or can be displaying a freezing picture from a music spot, it depends when it happens.
Also, it is not always smeared when frozen.
Sometimes, after a 5 minutes warmup it works for hours flawlessly, but i have noticed if I am about to 'twist its body for a while' i can make the picture freeze and tv to stop responding. Twisting it some more might have the opposite effect.
One tech guy told me it is 100% the main board. Do you agree?
Also, i have found the board with the same product number (715g3299-2 wk:913) but from a different philips set. Could that work? They look identical, but the other one is hotel tv, smaller and lower resolution (firmware upgrade maybe)?
thanks for your help, i really appreciate it.
merry Christmas and happy new year everyone Smile

edit:
It is similar to what this guy's got:
youtube.com/watch?v=J2iZ-3aQT5g
except images does not move at all once frozen (o it does move to another frame but after a long period of time)
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mainboard from a different model almost certainly wont work. You'd have to solder the eeproms from the previous model for it to work. And that only works if those chips aren't the cause of your problems.

I'm not convinced the mainboard is even your problem.

If twisting the body seems to affect it, I would lean toward the tab bonds on the panel being the cause... which makes it a lost cause. Again, this just my guess based on the limited information you've provided.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com