Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Philips 42pfl5405h/12 - needs to warm up    

august.jakobsen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Philips 42pfl5405h/12 - needs to warm up Reply with quote

Philips 42"
Model No. 42pfl5405h/12

At first there are no problems but after 1-2 min. the image starts to freeze, except for 4 cm from the top. After five to ten minutes it works just fine again. I have the same trouble when i'm plugging in a HDMI cabel.

I have looked at the different components and there seems to be some things missing. Furthermore it looks like there has been som chewing gum betwen a the green resistor with yellow, orange, orange an brown stripes and the red capacitor. See picture number three.

The things i think is missing? is seen in the second photo close to the big attention triangle sign. named (CY105)

The second thing i think is missing is best seen in the third picture in the bottom to the afore mentioned resistor and capacitor. the two unfilled holes are called (C607A)

For pictures: http://imgur.com/a/niYDS

I hope you can help me fixing the problem
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check all the caps. That smaller one in the top of picture 3 looks swollen to me.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing 'missing,' more like just not used in your instance.
'Gum' was most likely RTV silicone, used to prevent parts from touching or to keep parts together and/or to prevent vibrations from weakening a parts solder joints.

You could also try removing, cleaning and reconnecting cables between tcon board and panel and between tcon board and Main board.
august.jakobsen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay thanks. None of the caps are swollen. Okay are the anything you would recommend for cleaning the cables?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a typewriter eraser. Any bar type eraser will also work. Position eraser on body of ribbon and drag it over the contacts and allow it to slide off the end of the ribbon (as opposed to sliding back and forth perpendicular to the contacts) repeating until all conductors have been swiped. This eliminates lifting/bending/damaging individual traces. Clean eraser residue off with Q-tip/toothbrush, etc., with or without using rubbing alcohol.

Be careful of the short ribbons that plug into the tcon board but are bonded to the panel at their other end. Don't bend them over backwards - I lift the unplugged end only enough to fit eraser under and clean them 'blind.'

Light reading
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com