Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Philips 42PFL5432D - no picture, clicking noise    

intheumbra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Philips 42PFL5432D - no picture, clicking noise Reply with quote

My tv is a Philips digital widescreen flat TV 42PFL5432D 42" LCD Full HD 1080p with Digital Crystal Clear model 42PFL5432D/37; serial #BZ5A0739360296. It always worked fine then tonight it started shutting off and turning back on. it did this about 4 times then it made a noise that sounded like a surge of electricity. the tv shut off and began to make a rapid clicking noise and the led on the power switch isblinks red along with the clicking noise. it just continues to do this until it is unplugged. Any information as to what my problem could be, and how to go about fixing it would be greatly appreciated. thank you... I have tried a new surge protector as well as a new power chord so far. that is all i have tried. I am trying to assess if i feel comfortable trying to repair it myself or if i should just take it to a tv repair store.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you at changing soldered in parts?
intheumbra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: soldering Reply with quote

proficient
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOUND... May or may not be the cause of YOUR problem(s)...

42PFL5432D Shutsdown:
Replace capacitors C951, C952 and C953 (1500ufd at 35 Volts) and C955 (2200ufd at 35 Volts) on power supply module.
intheumbra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much. should i look for anything to signify that a capacitor is bad? ive seen the term blown caps, what does that look like and does that even appy in this situation?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blown / Bulged / Puffed caps are the only defects that "anyone" can visually observe. A cap that looks perfect to the eye can still have any of about four other things wrong with it, but you'll need test equipment to find them (usually value and ESR). Wink

The post I came across mentioned a symptom (shutdown), along with the location/#'s/ratings of four capacitors that were REPLACED to solve the problem with the set they were repairing.

Take it or leave it ... the choice is yours.
intheumbra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll take it. I'll post how things work out. thanks again...
budgies

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: 42 phillips Reply with quote

Hey Umbra, how did it go, im experiencing the very same thing on mine! What type of resistors did u end up getting!!???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com