Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Philips 47pfl7422D/37 HDTV No Pic White Flashing    

znuh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Philips 47pfl7422D/37 HDTV No Pic White Flashing Reply with quote

Hey folks!

Very glad I found this forum - after several hours of trying to deal with Philips, I'm hopeful I can get some insight. Here's the lowdown:

Philips P/N: 47pfl7422D/37
Philips S/N: YA2A0802004485

When you turn the set on, the blue power light lights up, stays steady, and you hear the power relay click. Five seconds later, the black screen lights up with a repetitive white flicker; approx. five white flickers across the entire screen per second.

I have yet to tear into the set and start buzzing out voltages - is there anyone else who's had this problem? I'm suspecting either the T-Con, Main Board or Power Supply...

I can't see anything on the screen, it remains consistently black with this white flashing - you can hear each flash in the form of a click, but it's completely different from say, the power supply relay.

Any help is greatly appreciated - no way I'm sending this back to Philips.

-James S.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

znuh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Philips 47pfl7422D/37 HDTV No Pic White Flashing Reply with quote

znuh wrote:

Any help is greatly appreciated - no way I'm sending this back to Philips.

-James S.

Here's an update: Ordered tested / good power supply and installed it this evening. Same thing, power LED is blue, no picture, and the flashing is still there. I turned the TV around and looked through the back and saw the backlight tubes strobing on and off - about four times per second.

The fact that the LED stays blue should indicate all is well with the main board - at this point, I'm not sure what to think; if there was any video (flashlight trick) I'd say it was just the inverter. But there's no video whatsoever, and I'm perplexed why the backlights are strobing on and off.

Any suggestions? I've seen people encounter this problem with other Philips LCD HDTV's, but have yet to see anyone post a solution.

-James
classymousetech

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't encountered this exact scenario myself, but I would suspect the mainboard. The backlight is controlled by the mainboard. The fact that it's lighting up completely would indicate that the powersupply/inverter are working correctly, but that the mainboard is stuck in a loop.
znuh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

classymousetech wrote:
I haven't encountered this exact scenario myself, but I would suspect the mainboard. The backlight is controlled by the mainboard. The fact that it's lighting up completely would indicate that the powersupply/inverter are working correctly, but that the mainboard is stuck in a loop.

Thanks for the reply! I'm really torn - from the digging I've been able to do on this model, I'm leaning towards either T-Con or Main Board - if the inverters were dead, I'd still be able to see graphics or hear sound (graphics by using a flashlight on the screen).

At this point (and without a cap tester), it looks like I'm at 'replace it and see if it works'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com