Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Philips 50PF9956/37 Black Box    

cfarrellsc

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject: Philips 50PF9956/37 Black Box Reply with quote

My TV has a black box in the center of the screen that won't go away. It started about a month ago. When I turned the TV on, the box would disappear after 10 minutes. Gradually it increased to an hour before disappearing and now it won't go away. Can anyone please give advice regarding cause and whether it can be repaired? I'm unemployed and money is tight so I can't afford a service call to be told it can't be repaired. Or maybe I can repair with the correct advice. I'm pretty handy. I have photos but don't see where to attach them. Thank you.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=50PF9956/37&scy=us&slg=en

No picture
Check the Closed Captions control. Some TEXT modes could block the screen.
See pages 11 & 12 in User Manual above.
cfarrellsc

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice but it doesn't help. The box is about 12" wide and 5-6" high and is center horizontally and just above center vertically. It pretty much blocks the center of the picture that is playing.

Is there some way to add photos to these posts?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I post Images?
Images can indeed be shown in your posts. However, there is no facility at present for uploading images directly to this board. Therefore you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.some-unknown-place.net/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor to images stored behind authentication mechanisms such as riddledtv or riddledtv mailboxes, password-protected sites, etc. To display the image use either the BBCode [img] tag or appropriate HTML (if allowed).

imageshack, photobucket, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com