Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Philips 55PL9773/17 LCoS TV with edge haze    

PhilipsLCoS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Philips 55PL9773/17 LCoS TV with edge haze Reply with quote

Model: 55PL9773/17
The haze and yellowing is around the edge of the display. I took it apart and noticed a million lenses. None were particularly dirty, except that the glass piece (not curved) which rested about 5mm in front of the LCoS chip was hazy. It wasn't the lens, nor was it the first plastic layer which was hazy, but the layer in between the two... (not shown in video...I just show you the lens and the location of the lens).
It's as if there was an adhesive which kept the film on the glass, and the adhesive got yellowed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeqhPBrqoMw

I haven't seen any explanations which have made sense, and I've spent a few hours searching on the net...
Can someone tell me what this glass piece is and how to make it like new again?

Thanks!!!!! 8D

Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

PhilipsLCoS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well guys, I scraped that film off. There are now no coloration/haziness issues to speak of, but I don't know how long the chip will last Smile
Really quite beautiful color compared to my LCD monitor, btw.
It feels like I have a ticking time bomb on my desk, and am keeping a backup DLP projection TV in the livingroom because of it :-/

both of these were free on craigslist within 5 days of each other hehehe Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com