Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Philips DLP 50PL9126D/37 color wheel issue    

alandviv

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Philips DLP 50PL9126D/37 color wheel issue Reply with quote

Great website!

Ok, here we go, my color wheel recently shattered on my Philips DLP 50PL9126D/37. I tried to order a new one. Apparently, this part is no longer available, you're told you need to buy a new light engine for $1200.00. Yeah right! So on my mission not to spend $1200 on a $1500 TV I started looking for alternatives. I found a Samsung color wheel that looked identical. I thought I'd give it a shot for $64. I installed the color wheel and low and behold the TV turns on and the color wheel spins beautifully, but (and it's a big but) the colors are so dim, it looks almost black and white.

Thanks to this awesome website i was able to access the service menu, but don't really see an adjustment I can make. I did find error codes 67 and 73 (don't know what those mean). I'm not sure but the only thing i can think of is the colors on the new wheel aren't in the same order as the old wheel, I can't tell because my wheel was so badly shattered.

I've also read that people who replaced their color wheel in their Samsungs had an inverted color issue and the fix was removing a "jumper" on the DMD board. Maybe there is a fix like this for my Philips?

Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Thanks from a mom who can't afford to give up!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

alandviv

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: I have an idea Reply with quote

Idea Would it be possible to change the way the color wheel spins? I think i want it to spin the opposite way. The Philips color wheel pattern going clockwise is red, blue, green. the Samsung color wheels pattern is red, green, blue.

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com