Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Philips Magnavox 32MF231D, monochrome picture    

rjsilva

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Philips Magnavox 32MF231D, monochrome picture Reply with quote

TV: Philips Magnavox 32MF231D
Problem: picture is monochrome with random and faint flickers of colour

I checked it out and didn't notice anything, except that maybe the buzz coming from the power supply is a tad louder than expected, but not bad. The caps don't appear problematic. (I am not an experienced TV repair technician, my experience is limited to vintage amplifier restoration.)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you tap on the board, does the color sometimes come back?
rjsilva

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tapping does not seem to do anything.

However, there is a set of small wires (20 or so) wrapped and connected to the board with a single connector. I expect these wires sends the signal to the panel because if I unplug it, everything continues to work (including backlighting) but there is no picture. When I fiddle with the cable, there is an effect—the effect is that the colour flickering happens a bit less often.

While I was checking this out I noticed that the colour flicker is not full colour on the screen. It is more like red/green/blue bands on parts of the screen (not the entire screen).

I also noticed that the flicker was happening predictably, rather than randomly. About 2/3rds of a second between flickers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com