Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Philips Magnavox 60PP902 - Should I continue?    

aaronbaird1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Philips Magnavox 60PP902 - Should I continue? Reply with quote

I have acquired an old 60" HD RPTV that was in serious need of a coolant change. Following the guide from this website I have made it as far as cleaning out the old coolant in the first CRT (blue I think). But I noticed it looked different from the picture in the guide. As you can see, there is a brown tinted square on the inside of the CRT. This picture is after i cleaned the chamber. Again, this is BEHIND the glass that I cleaned inside the chamber.

From the Guide:

So, should I go any further? I'm worried that after putting in new coolant and re-installing it, I still wont have a decent picture. Also, is there anyway to open the CRT and clean it from the inside?

Thanks for your replies,
Aaron
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those CRTs are going to have some burn in no matter what... because they have been used. I suspect your image will still be much better than it was before you changed the coolant.

The only way to open the actual CRT itself is to have a clean room, and a giant vacuum pump, along with a bunch of other tools I don't remember. I also remember something about hazardous chemicals needed to do it. I read an article once about a place that repaired antique CRTs with a pretty sweet custom setup. But that is way outside of your (and my) league, as well as extremely cost prohibitive.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you use a Shopvac? Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com