Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Philips Magnavox TS2744 C106    

redrocker1055

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Philips Magnavox TS2744 C106 Reply with quote

Hi, My friend's Grandmother has an old Philips Magnavox TV with a production date of Aug/98... So it's old! The other day it started making a "Heart Thumping" noise and also smoking and would not turn on! So I took it apart and I believe I have found were the problem lies. I took pictures but I guess I can't upload them. So I'll try and describe where it's coming from!

When I pull back the back cover plate, on the board in the back right hand corner(farthest from the screen) there's orange part ( from my dealing with electric guitars I believe it to be a capacitor(albeit a long one, about an inch!) It's directly behind a bigger one which appears to have a blue plastic case over it!
When I plug the TV in the orange one in it puts out a spark(or arc, not sure) from the front solder point(closest the the screen). So my question is if I just solder a new one on, do you think the TV will work, or is a waste of time?
Oh yeah, is it a capacitor? and if so what kind and where would I get one?

Thank you
All The Best
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

model
redrocker1055

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuhurdler wrote:
model

Oops, Sorry!

It's says on the back that it's a TS2744 C106

Thanks
All the best
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com