Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
PN50A450 SAMSUNG ADC CALIBRATION PROBLEM    

joealbert7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: PN50A450 SAMSUNG ADC CALIBRATION PROBLEM Reply with quote

BY MISTAKE I ENTERED IN THE SERVICE MENU OF MY SAMSUNG PLASMA PN50A450. IT CAN NOT GET CALIBRATED IN AV, PC AND HDMI. ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE? I NEED TO SOLVE THIS MISTAKE BY GETTING IT CALIBRATED. THANKS
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send it back to Korea on the next boat.

They may still have the equipment and jigs available to align it back. Smile

What will it take to convince laypeople: "If it does this when you do that ... don't do that."

If you don't know the following BEFORE you press the first button - DON'T press the first button!Rolling Eyes
1) How to enter into the service menu;
2) What adjustment do I want and what effect should adjustment cause;
3) How to "save" (or not) any adjustments; and
4) How to properly exit the service menu.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you are saying is not making sense. (no offence) There are many, many, many points of alignment in the service menu. (calibration is a nonsensical word used by know-it-alls that think they can do a better job of alignment than the factory).

If you can tell me exactly (and I do mean exactly) what you have changed, I can give you the default values for these points.

Hope this helps.

Jesse
joealbert7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: PN50A450 SAMSUNG PLASMA Reply with quote

Jesse Mack wrote:
What you are saying is not making sense. (no offence) There are many, many, many points of alignment in the service menu. (calibration is a nonsensical word used by know-it-alls that think they can do a better job of alignment than the factory).

If you can tell me exactly (and I do mean exactly) what you have changed, I can give you the default values for these points.

Hope this helps.

Jesse
IF YOU PRESS "MUTE", "182" AND "POWER" IT DIRECTS YOU TO SERVICE MENU. THEN IF YOU GO DOWN TO AND SELECT "ADC" THEN YOU'LL SEE A LITTLE WINDOW ON THE UPPER LEFT CORNER WHERE YOU CAN SEE 4 SELECTIONS: AV, COMPONENT CALIBRATION, PC, HDMI. IF YOU SELECT AND PRESS ENTER ON ANYONE OF THOSE YOU'LL SEE THE WORD "WAITING" INSTEAD OF "SUCCESSFULL'. IT KEEPS ETERNALLY ON THIS WORD (WAITING).[/quote]
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good example of the problems you can run into by trying to do something you are not familier with or do not understand. Entering into any SERVICE MENU should not be done if the SERVICER does not understand the terminology so the SERVICER can stay out of trouble.

This goes for ANYONE who reads this.

You have entered into an area that REQUIRES test equipment.
What you entered into is the autoadjustments that require generator inputs of specific patterns to the specific input mode being adjusted. For a more complete explaination of what I am talking about go here:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/2928513/Samsung-PL42P7HPX-TV-Plasma-Display

Please allow sufficient time for the information to load.

I know it is not your exact model but the directions are the same.

I would suggest taking the unit to a WARRANTY AUTHORIZED SERVICER to have the unit repaired.

Hope this helps

Jesse Please take note the statement.
|
|
|
|
\ /
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com